This page tells you about the Trust’s Governors, and their role in helping us improve our services to patients.
You can find information about:
You can also find the latest election declaration from the Staff (Admin and Clerical, Managerial and Chaplaincy) Constituency.pdf.
Governor roles and responsibilities
- act as guardians of the organisation by engaging with Trust Members, patients and the public. They are the link between them and the Trust, and represent the wider public interest
- give advice for consideration by the Board of Directors when making strategic decisions on matters affecting patient care
- monitor the performance of the Trust to hold the Board of Directors to account
- contribute to the achievement of the Trust’s vision, values, aims and objectives, ensuring we deliver high quality services
- act as ambassadors for the services of the Trust.
Governors have these responsibilities so they can contribute and input to the information needed by Directors so they can take decisions on patient care at a strategic level.
Governors also have statutory responsibilities to fulfil:
- appointing the Chairman and Non-Executive Directors
- appointing the Trust external auditor
- ratifying the appointment of the Chief Executive
- making decisions on remuneration for Non-Executive Directors (including the Chairman).
In the competitive environment in which the Trust operates, Governors act in an ambassadorial role - both on Trust business and generally as representatives of the Trust.
You can contact your governor at their email addresses below, or call our Corporate Services section on freephone 0800 0150136.
Alternatively you can write to us at this freepost address:
Chief Executive’s Office
The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Newcastle upon Tyne
Constituency One – Newcastle upon Tyne
- Mr A Chaffer
- Mr S Cranston
- Mrs D Eblett
- Miss G Jones
- Dr J Page
- Mrs E Richardson
- Dr M Snow
- Mr P Taylor
Constituency Two – Northumberland, Tyne and Wear Strategic Health Authority Area (excluding Newcastle)
- Mrs M A Hargreave
- Mr C W Venables
- Mr B Keegan
- Mr P Ramsden
- Mr A Shanley
- Mr D Thompson
Tyne and Wear
- Mr G Blacker
- Mrs K Cartner
- Mrs C Errington
Constituency Three – County Durham, Tees Valley Cumbria and beyond
- Mr J Bedlington
- Dr AGM Johnson
- Dr LNS Murthy
- Dr M Saunders
All of our Staff Governors can be contacted by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admin and Clerical, Managerial and Chaplains
Ancillary and Estates
Nursing and Midwifery
- Ms E Coghill
- Mrs J Springthorpe
Health Professionals Council
Medical and Dental