Become a member
Why not join us to help us provide an ever improving quality of service and to ensure your voice is heard.
Our members are an essential part of our future development as an NHS Foundation Trust. We hope that thousands of people will want to become involved with our work by becoming members or perhaps by joining our Council of Governors.
We are all likely to need high quality, safe healthcare at some point in our lives. We are proud in the Newcastle Hospitals to provide an excellent service.
Our patients, and the public, our staff and partner organisations all help provide broad representation of our local community, reflecting a variety of different views. We are keen to ensure our membership is reflective of the community we serve, our workforce and that we do listen to what you want. We now also have a Membership and Community Relations Group to work with you.
Benefits of membership
Becoming a member is completely free and anyone can join. It only takes a couple of minutes to register and some of the benefits include:
- certificate of membership
- invitation to special events to show you what goes on behind the scenes at the hospitals
- our newsletter keeping you up-to-date with plans and developments
- the opportunity to join specific projects where your views on our services will offer a valuable perspective
- vote for your representatives on the Council of Governors
- stand for election to the Council of Governors yourself.
Members’ Events are scheduled each year – they are free to all members and include informative presentations on topics of interest to our members.
Listed below are some examples of the most recent events held:
- 9th November 2016 - Patient Experience and Mitochondrial Donation
- 7th July 2016 - CRESTA: The Stroke Clinic and Parkinson’s developments
- 31st March 2016 - Musculoskeletal developments
- 8th September 2015 - Great North Children's Hospital (last 5 years and next 5 years)
- 2nd October 2014 - Children's Cardiac Services
- 13th March 2014 - Palliative Care
- 2nd October 2013 - Cybersurgery
- 6th June 2013 - Dentistry
- 20th February 2013 - Diabetes
Feedback from our 9th November 2016 event included:
‘Excellent insight into the ongoing improvements in patient care and communication’
‘Made a difficult subject accessible’
‘Made us proud to be at the forefront of serious medical progress’
Members’ Events scheduled for 2017 include:
- 16th March 2017 – Pathology Services and Developments in Diabetes
- 28th June 2017 – Dementia Services and Developments in Cardiac Surgery
- 21st September 2017 – Transplantation Services and Developments in Cancer Care
Become a member
If you would like to become a member please either: