Crutches (Advice on use)
Advice on the use of crutches
1. Hold both crutches in one hand.
2. Push up from the chair.
3. Once standing, transfer one crutch into the other hand.
4. Put the crutches in front of you and get your balance.
1. With the chair immediately behind you.
2. Put both crutches in one hand.
3. Hold the chair arm with the other hand.
4. Sit down gently
(If you are allowed to put weight on your injured leg.)
1. Put both crutches forward.
2. Put your injured leg one step forward.
3. Take your weight on your hands and step up to your injured leg.
4. Put both crutches forward.
(If you are NOT allowed to put weight on your injured leg.)
1. Put your crutches forward - keep your injured leg off the ground.
2. Take your weight onto your hands.
3. Bring your good leg forward up to your crutches.
Always take your weight on your hands and not on your armpits.
Please return your crutches when you have finished with them, as they are very expensive.