NCCC Outpatient Department
Contact: (0191) 213 8403 or 8603 - Sister K Wray or Sister C Doney
The outpatient department at NCCC is very busy providing a wide range of consultant and nurse led clinics.
If you are a new patient, you may see a consultant oncologist or a member of his or her team and will have the opportunity to discuss your cancer diagnosis, prognosis, treatment and any other issues during this time.
During a review or follow up appointment, you may wish to discuss any side effects of treatment or other concerns relating to your treatment, progress, health and wellbeing.
How to find us
Directions to NCCC Outpatients Department from the Main EntranceShow [+] Hide [-]
The NCCC outpatient department is located on Level 2 of the Northern Centre for Cancer Care (NCCC) based at the Freeman Hospital. To find us:
- Come through the main entrance of the NCCC building and walk past the lifts.
- Look for the signs above you for the Haematology and Cancer Services Outpatient Department directing you to the right.
- Walk through two sets of double doors, carry on walking past the Macmillan Cancer Information Centre on your left hand side and report to the reception desk to your right.
How to get to the hospital
Staff you are likely to meet
The clinical team in the NCCC Outpatient Department includes consultant oncologists (cancer doctors), specialist nurses and other nursing and support staff.
Things you need to know
When you attend the outpatients department you may be required to go to a number of other services or departments, including:
- Radiotherapy treatment and imaging
- The Macmillan patient information centre
- The Macmillan palliative care nursing team
- Clinical psychology
- The chemotherapy day unit
- The clinical trials unit
- Hairloss support services
Refreshments are available in the coffee shop on level 2 near the clinical trials pharmacy or alternatively on level 1, radiotherapy.