Ward 27 Freeman Hospital
Contact: (0191) 213 7027 - Sister Rose Kerridge / Sister Sharon Cowey
Ward 27 is an Adult Cardiology Unit which specialises in providing care for patients with coronary heart disease or an abnormal heart rhythm who have had a procedure to help their condition. These procedures include:
- Coronary angioplasty (also known as percutaneous coronary intervention or PCI)
- Coronary angiogram
- Insertion of pacemakers or implantable cardioverter defibrillators
Many patients are able to go home the same day as their procedure although some do stay overnight.
The ward also sees post transplant patients every Thursday for a regular check up.
How to find us
Directions to the wardShow [+] Hide [-]
We are based on the Cardiothoracic Centre which is set to the right of the Freeman Hospital as you look at the front. To find us:
- Come into the Cardiothoracic Centre and take a right turn round by the reception desk.
- Follow the corridor past the Lung Function Department until you see the lift block or stairs on your left.
- Take the lift or stairs up to level 3. Turn left out of the lifts or right at the top of the stairs and follow the corridor past theatre reception
- Turn left at the end of the corridor until you reach Ward 27 straight ahead.
How to get to the hospital
Staff you are likely to meet
Ward 27 is run by Sister Rose Kerridge and Sister Sharon Cowey and the clinical team includes doctors, nurses and other support staff.
Things you need to know
- Please note Ward 27 is open Monday to Saturday only.
- Please do not bring fresh flowers onto the ward. This is to help with infection control.