Ward 29 Freeman Hospital
Contact: (0191) 213 7029 - Charge Nurse John Davison / Sister Clementine Dixon
Ward 29 is an adult respiratory medical ward which cares for patients with a wide range of respiratory disorders including:
- lung cancer
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- sleep apnoea
- respiratory failure
- pulmonary vascular disorders
How to find us
Directions to the wardShow [+] Hide [-]
We are based on the Cardiothoracic Centre which is set to the right of the Freeman Hospital as you look at the front.
- Come into the Cardiothoracic Centre and take a right turn, following the corridor past the Lung Function Department until you see the lift block or stairs on your left.
- Take the lift or stairs up to level 4 and look for the signs for Ward 29.
How to get to the hospital
Staff you are likely to meet
The clinical team on Ward 29 includes clinicians specialising in respiratory conditions, specialist clinical nurses, nursing staff and other support staff.
The Palliative Care team is actively involved with patients on Ward 29 most weekdays and include specialist palliative care nurses, social workers and medical staff.
Things you need to know
- Ward staff change-over times are 7:15 to 7:45am and 7:15 to 8:00pm. This is the period when the nurses change shifts and a new team of nurses takes over and time is allowed for communication between the two teams. Please try to avoid contacting the ward during these times.
- Patient’s meals are usually served at 12.15 and 5.30pm. You may wish to visit after this period though you are welcome to visit if this is preferred or helps your relative.
- Please do not bring fresh flowers onto the ward. This is to help with infection control.