ENT Outpatient Department
Contact: 0191 223 1041 or 0191 223 1042 - Sister Fiona Pywell
The ENT Outpatient Department is based at the Freeman Hospital and runs a comprehensive range of routine clinics for both adults and children every week.
There are also some specialist clinics led by doctors and nurse practitioners which include:
- Voice and Speech Clinic
- Bone Anchored Hearing Aid Clinic
- Paediatric (Children’s) Hearing Assessment Clinic
- Allergy Clinic
- Snoring and Tonsillectomy Clinic
- Ear and Tracheostomy Care Clinic
We also run a special clinic for patients who have been referred by their GP or other doctor with suspected symptoms of cancer in the head or neck. If you are referred to one of these clinics you will be seen within two weeks for an urgent assessment and further investigations as quickly as possible.
Also located in the ENT Outpatient Department are:
- ENT Casualty Clinic
- Speech and Language Therapy
How to find us
The ENT Outpatient Department is based at Freeman Hospital. To find us:
- Come through the Main Outpatient Entrance at Freeman Hospital and take the lift on your right, or stairs straight ahead of you up to level 3.
- Please register your attendance at the reception desk directly in front of you.
Staff you are likely to meet
The ENT outpatient department is led by Sister Lesley McVittie and the clinical team includes ENT surgeons, audiologists (hearing specialists), speech and language therapists, nursing and other support staff.
We have three Nurse Practitioners who also run nurse-led clinics for ear care, snoring, post tonsillectomy surgery, and a special clinic carrying for patients suffering from nose bleeds.
Things you need to know
- There is loop system fitted at all ENT reception points, a TV in the waiting area and a portable loop system is available in the consulting rooms.
- There is a League of Friends refreshment bar available during most clinic times.