Ward 23 RVI
Ward 23 is a 33-bed adult trauma orthopaedic ward providing care for patients who have sustained a traumatic injury and are likely to require an operation.
How to find us
Ward 23 is located on the fourth floor of the Claremont Wing in Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary.
Directions to Ward 23 RVI from the Multi Storey Car ParkShow [+] Hide [-]
Follow the signs in the multi-storey car park for the Claremont Wing. Ward 23 is situated on level four of the Claremont Wing. To find us:
- Come through Claremont Wing main entrance
- Take the lifts or stairs up to level four and Ward 23 is well signed.
How to get to the hospital
Directions to Ward 23 RVI from the New Victoria Wing Main EntranceShow [+] Hide [-]
When you walk through the main entrance of the New Victoria Wing, look for signs directing you to Claremont Wing.
Ward 23 is on the fourth floor of the Claremont Wing, so take the stairs or lift and follow the signs for Ward 23.
How to get to the hospital
Staff you are likely to meet
Ward 23 is managed by a Senior Nursing Sister, supported by Junior Sisters. During your stay you will be cared for by Sisters, Staff Nurses and Health Care Assistants, and your overall care will be the responsibility of your Consultant. Other members of the multi-disciplinary team involved in your care could include Doctors, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Dieticians, Specialist Nurses, Ward Clerk, Housekeeper, Domestics, Student Nurses and the Orthopaedic Discharge team.
Things you need to know
- The ward's nursing staff are divided into teams with the sister in overall charge of the ward. You will have a named nurse who will be responsible for your care during your stay. Please ask this nurse if you have any questions.
- There is a patient fridge where you are welcome to store labelled food
- Each bed area has a Hospedia TV and phone unit
- A successful discharge takes careful planning. To make sure we make the right arrangements, it is a good idea to start planning early. Your care needs will be assessed during your stay in hospital to prepare you and any carers you have for your discharge home.
- Our team - Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and others will be involved in your discharge. You may be discharged with the Orthopaedic Discharge Team which provides a two week period of support with nursing, physiotherapy and occupational therapy input. The services of this team are available to patients living in the Newcastle area. Please ask your named nurse about these arrangements.
- Visiting hours are 2.00pm - 4.00pm, and 6.00pm - 8.00pm daily. For visiting outside these hours, please speak to the Nurse in charge.
For more details about Ward 23, please contact:
- Senior Sister Sarah Gordon
- 0191 282 6023