Contact: (0191) 282 5413 - Mrs N Hind, Consultant Neuroradiographer
Our Neurovascular Service has an international reputation, with patients coming from all over the UK and abroad for treatment. The neurovascular service involves highly complex, interventional procedures for life threatening conditions such as:
- cerebral aneurysms - (abnormal blister-like swellings on blood vessels in the brain)
- arteriovenous malformation (AVM) – (a cluster of abnormally formed blood vessels)
- subarachnoid and intracerebral haemorrhages – (rupture of a blood vessel in the brain which may result in stroke)
These procedures are carried out on a recently installed dual plane angiography unit, which has highly advanced imaging features to give the neuroradiologist the clearest pictures possible of arteries in the brain.
Our comprehensive care package
Because our patients are truly at the centre of everything that we do, we provide a fully comprehensive care package - right from the point of admission, through treatment, to follow up care over a number of years.
- You will receive a comprehensive information pack before being discharged with a wealth of information and advice about your condition, the treatment and the follow up arrangements
- Follow up arrangements in your treatment plans are tailored to your individual needs
- For routine angiograms our neuroradiology nurses offer telephone pre-assessment, covering routine health questions by phone so that you avoid an extra trip to hospital
- We have a dedicated three bedded day unit for angiography patients, removing unnecessary overnight stays in hospital
If you would like more information on our Neurovascular Service, please contact:
Nichola Hind, Consultant Neuroradiographer
Telephone: (0191) 282 5413