Local anaesthetic will be used, so please have nothing to eat after 6am. If there is likely to be any delay you will be offered something to eat and drink.
Please tell the doctor if any of the following relates to you:
- You are taking any medication
- You take blood thinning medication
- You have a history of bleeding disorder
- You are allergic to iodine as this will be used to clean your back before the procedure
- You have an infection as this may mean we have to delay the procedure until you are well