Contact: (0191) 282 4578 - Neurophysiology Reception
Our neurophysiology department is a highly specialist regional service providing electrical studies of the central nervous system and peripheral nerves and muscles.
You can be referred here by your hospital consultant, including neurologists, neurosurgeons, paediatricians (who specialise in looking after children), orthopaedic surgeons and rheumatologists. We also take referrals from Psychiatrists (both adult and paediatric), Neuro rehabilitation, Learning Difficulty Specialists (both adult and paediatric).
Tests carried out here include:
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Videotelemetry EEG
- Ambulatory EEG
- Evoked potentials (EP)
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Carpal Tunnel Study (CTS)
Click here to find out more about these tests.
Directions to Neurophysiology Clinic in New Victoria Wing
Directions to the wardShow [+] Hide [-]
Neurophysiology is on Level 2 of the New Victoria Wing at the RVI. To find us:
- Come through the Main Entrance of New Victoria Wing and take the stairs or lift up to Level 2.
- Come out of the stairwell or lift and turn to your right. Follow the walkway over the main atrium walking past the cafe and turn to your right.
- Follow this corridor to the end, walking past the Women's Health Unit following the sign for Neurophysiology.
How to get to the hospital