Institute of Transplantation
The Institute of Transplantation is a purpose-built facility which brings together all aspects of transplantation under one roof.
Wherever possible, patients are offered a 'one-stop-shop' approach so that they can receive all the services they need in one location. The Institute provides seamless, high quality care right throughout a patient's stay with us.
You can find out more about our Transplant Services and see the special website with more details about the Institute of Transplantation.
The Institute houses an impressive range of modern facilities and technology including:
- Four ‘oversized’ high technology theatres allowing for more than one transplant operation to take place at any one time
- 22-bed intensive care and high dependency facility designed to the very best of international specifications
- 30-bed inpatient ward including 14 single en-suite rooms
- Outpatient facilities and a state-of-the art screening and imaging suite
- Research and development centre with lecture theatre and education facilities enabling live links to transplant surgery.
All intensive care and high dependency patients at the Freeman Hospital are cared for on Ward 37 in the Institute, and heart and lung transplant patients are seen in the Outpatient Suite.
The Transplant Ward is housed on Ward 38.
On the Institute of Transplantation website, you can find out more about:
For more details about the Institute: